May 8, 2013

Long Time No See

As some may have noticed, I have been away from Trainz for quite a while. This was due to personal reasons that were a bit complicated. Things are starting to settle down and I'm trying to bring myself back up to speed on what's been happening in the Trainz community (a number of things seemed to have changed).

I am well aware that some of my AWVR locomotives are now out-of-date/broken. I will be fixing them in the near future...hopefully. Unfortunately, some of these fixes will not go well with older versions of Trainz. To keep things fairly simple, I will no longer support versions of Trainz older than 2.9 (2009).

Some users have asked me about the status of AWVR Part II and why I have not considered uploading Part I to the DLS. As I said before, I've been away from Trainz for quite a while. However, regarding Part I; when I started the project, I got permission from Frank (SPorBust) to use his models so long as I did not upload them to the DLS. As far as I know, Chris (n8phu) is the only one allowed to update and upload Frank's models to the DLS. I understand that adding the files to the DLS will make it easier for users to access them, so I will be asking Frank if I can upload them to the DLS (it's up to him). As for Part II, I was asked by the folks at RRMods to hold off on uploading the files as they are currently trying to update the models to their new standards (the models I used are pretty old).

As it stands, AWVR Part II and all of my projects are on hold indefinitely. I hope to get back into the swing of things and finish some of these projects in the months to come. No specific timeline yet as there's still some personal things I need to take care off first.

Also, it has been brought to my attention that my AWVR 777 was modified and uploaded to the DLS by another user. This is unacceptable and a direct violation of the EULA printed on the download page of this site. Though I have been away for a while, it is no excuse to violate the EULA. I have already made contact with this individual regarding this matter.

- Dan (Leadfoot866)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're still here! Can't wait for the rest of the AWVR fleet, and what kind of idiot would upload your 777 to the DLS?

    ReplyDelete